Last December 21, 2017, an unfortunate incident happened to the passengers of the MV Mercraft 3 as the ship they were boarding found its way to the bottom of the sea.
According to the Philippine Coast Guard (PCG), the ferry was met with a huge wave which caused it to tip over in Infanta, Quezon.
Most of the said 251 passengers of the ferry were rescued, while some had met their ill-fated end.
A group of complainants, who are relatives of the victims, approached the radio program of Raffy Tulfo to ask help regarding the case of the ferry’s casualties.
The group wanted to follow-up the company involved regarding their insurance, and also to file an administrative case against Mercraft and the Coast Guard.
The said insurance was under Stronghold Insurance Company, Inc.
According to one of the complainants, the company failed to provide them the money worth PHP200,000 for the casualties even months after the incident. The company always reasoned that their documents were incomplete even though they had already accomplished everything needed.
Aside from that, the company also wants to deduct the expenses already made for the victims like their interment.
Tulfo called Reden Cadaba, Stronghold’s Claims Head, to ask about the problem.
According to Cadaba, their insurance was actually good to go and was already recommended for payment. He said that the claimants can already claim the money as early as next week.
Cadaba also assured the complainants that there will be no deduction from their insurance money.
Another complainant appealed about the case of his missing father. He said that they found out that the documents needed weren’t processed yet in the Mayor’s Office.
Mayor Lina Bosque of Polilio, Quezon said that they weren’t holding off their documents. They said that it went through them and they forwarded it to the Provincial Attorney’s Office for them to file an administrative case.
When the complainant asked a staff of the Mayor’s Office why their documents were still unprocessed despite submitting it last January, the staff named “Myrna” said that Mercraft did not get it.
Tulfo asked the mayor to handle this situation urgently.
The complainant said the a copy of the casualties’ documents was already sent to Sangguniang Bayan and they were just waiting for them to sign as co-complainant.
But the mayor said, Sangguniang Bayan did not agree yet to be a co-complainant.
Tulfo said that the complainants would meet the mayor herself to properly discussed the matter.
Watch the full video here
YOU MIGHT BE INTERESTED I: Lalaki, hiniwalayan ang misis dahil hindi nito nabigay ang gusto niyang amplifier!