in

Tubig mula sa gripo ng ilang kabahayan sa Davao City, kayang magliyab!

Residents of Davao City were surprised to see that the water coming from their faucets produces fire.


According to the news reported by newscaster Jandi Esteban of GMA Regional TV-One Mindanao in Balitang Pilipinas last Friday, the residents of Deca Homes Subdivision in Brgy. Tigatto somewhere in Davao City were surprised to find out that three houses among them has water coming from their faucets can produce fire.


It was John Louie Badiongan who first witnessed the strange occurrence. According to him, he accidentally placed a lighted candle near their faucet and was surprised to see it burst into flame.


“Na-shock ako. Hindi ako makapaniwala at ginawa ko pa nang paulit-ulit,” Badiongan said. He was a resident at their place for six years now and it was the first time he witnessed such happening.


The other residents said the same thing. Some of them are worried that it might cause an accident such as an unexpected explosion.


The other residents were amused though with the strange occurrence and somehow considered it as a blessing in disguise.


Like Mario Quitor who uses the flaming water to cook and heat some water as an alternative to Liquified Petroleum Gas (LPG).


“Mahal ang gasul kaya dito na lang ako nagluluto para libre,” Quitor said.
According to the experts from the Department of Energy (DOE) Mindanao, there is a possibility that there are mineral deposits such as natural gas and methane on the ground.


“Yung mga organic materials na na-trap galing sa bundok and then wala siyang malabasan. So organic materials during drilling posibleng na-hit nila ang pocket of gas na nandoon kaya lumabas ang organic material at nahalo sa tubig,” Virgilio Arzadon, the Senior Science Research Specialist of DOE-Mindanao explained.


DOE is planning to visit the place to further investigate the incident.
Arzadon advised the residents to keep their windows and doors open to avoid the increase of the gas concentration that could lead to an accident.


“Ang gas kapag na-accumulate siya especially in an enclosed space, it’s possible na mag-increase and concentration niya. By opening ng window at doors may fresh air na papasok para ma-dilute ang gas na nandoon sa loob ng bahay,” Arzadon further explained.

Now, the residents are having a problem trying to look for a new source of clean and potable water because the flammable water smells like gas and turns yellowish in color.

The authorities are still trying to know the side of the local government and those who manage the water supply in the area.

YOU MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN: Lea Salonga, matapang na ipinahayag ang opinyon ukol sa iba’t ibang usapin sa lipunan

Source: GMANEWS

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *